Here are a few suggestions in no particular order.
- Ensure he has a presence on the major social media sites ie Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Create link wheels.
- Build a list.
- Engage don't send junk messages on Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Get a lot of photos with him and celebrities and post them all over the internet.
- Get several mixes of his music with known artists music and lyrics and give it away.
- Create Youtube videos for all of the mixes of his music.
- Make himself available to be interviewed on as many online radio stations as possible... Big and small.
- Create a number of relevant press releases on a regular basis.
- Get a branding, marketing and promotions budget that he can commit to for the next 6 to 12 months be it $500 or $5,000/ month.
Music Business Contracts
Music Business Marketing
The information above isn't legal advice. Ensure you hire a competent music attorney when needed.